This recipes takes your ordinary commercial ketchup and jazzes it up some! You can of course control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of jalapeno peppers and juice. The first time you make this hot ketchup, I might start with half the amount of jalapeno peppers and juice, do a taste test after an hour or so (to allow the flavors to blend) and then add more as desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
* 3 cups ketchup
* 1/4 cup canned jalapeno peppers (drained and diced -- liquid reserved)
* 2 tbsp reserved jalapeno juice
* 1 tsp green pepper sauce (eg: Tabasco brand green pepper sauce)
1. combine all ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth and enjoy!
2. ***note*** best served chilled. Store unused portions in refrigerator.
- from grouprecipes.com