This won't be as thick as commercial ketchup, yet is as tastily sweet as commercial ketchups thanks to the addition of Splenda . This recipe requires only juice and is easy for anyone to make.
* 46 ounces tomato juice (use V8 for spicier ketchup)
* 1/2 cup cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup sugar substitute like Splenda
* 1 teaspoon dehydrated chopped onions
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon dehydrated green pepper flakes
* a pinch of each:
* green onion
* sweet basil
Combine all ingredients in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Simmer for 3-4 hours or until thickened.
Copyright by Recipezaar.com